• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Gearbox Ratios

wardy18

How do all

I think this may have already been talked about in previous topics, if so im sorry and can you point me in the right direction.

I have spoken today with Garry from Puma Racing about gear ratios and cwp for my hillclimb 205 next year, he said that as far as he can remember the best set up was 1st and 2nd from a 1900 box and 3rd 4th and 5th from a 1600 BUT there are different ratios within different 1900 and 1600 boxes.

Does anyone have any spec on the different gear cog ratios from the different boxes and the speeds they obtain?!

I wanna try and set up the gearbox to the hillclimb so i can get the best performance, i still have no idea which CWP will be better, either the 4.4 4.8 or 5.3, any ideas?!

Thanx for your help

Simon

Miles

Only first gear is different on 1.6 boxes, all the other's are the same, There are a few Excel worksheets with the info on inc wheel and tyre sizes, This might be bought up on a search

wardy18

that is first class info mate

many many thanx, just gotta work out the speeds of my hill now and work the ratios into that!!

wardy18

that spreadsheet is great, im able to compare teh 1.9 and 1.6 boxes with all the different final drives available

i would upload the spreadsheet i have made but it wont let me

Edited by wardy18

pug_ham
i would upload the spreadsheet i have made but it wont let me

Wizip the file & try again, it should let you then.

Graham.

wardy18

its keeps saying i am not permitted to upload this type of file, ive tried in the xls format and as u said as a .rar file for winzip?!

pug_ham

Try it as a zip file for winzip, you might be able to upload it then.

Others can with a zip file anyway.

Graham.

wardy18

ah ha finally managed to upload the file

see what ya think of the differences between the boxes with various FD's

just gotta which is best suited to my hillclimb and car now

Ratios.zip

Sign in to follow this