• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Which Head Gasket For 11.1 Cr Engine ?

DamirGTI

Hello !

I must change the head gasket on my modified engine and i was wandering is it ordinary/standard head gasket good enough for 1.9 8v 11.1 CR engine ?!

Which one are you fancy ? :) OE Peugeot head gasket or is it the usual ("Elring" , "Victor Reinz" etc.) aftermarket gasket good for such a high CR engine ?

And also which thickness to chose ? Standard thickness or a little bit ticker head gasket ?!

Thanks ! B)

Damir

James_R

to start measure the height of a compresed headgasket, you will need this to accurately calculate the CR of the engine.

DamirGTI

Hi !

Well it's a D6B engine now fitted with DFZ flat top pistons (same as the ones inside the 1.6 engines) so I've raised CR with this flat top (just slightly dished ...) type pistons .. i didn't skim the head in order to raise CR .

Anyway it's somewhere around 11.1 maybe a little less or a little more ... but from the problems which I've had with ignition timing id say that it must be a good bit higher then when was standard 9.6 B)

So , any recommendations for the head gasket ? :) is there someone with similar CR engine .. 1.9 8v or Mi16 no matter

Cheers

Damir

snillet

I would say it´s more about the power output then the compression pressure, if you use the compression for getting a more efficient engine and just gain slightly in power there´s no need for a tougher gasket then the standard item. The pressure that makes "power" is far more likely to blow the gasket then compression.

James_R

Well I've always used the payen type ones from my local factors I had that on my 2045cc Mi and that was running 11.5:1+ and the HG was fine only died from det damage not from the actual compression.

Anthony's 8v is running about 10.5:1 on a payen HG too and is fine.

Hope that helps.

Sam

Cometic do MLS gaskets at good prices. I got a 88mm bore one for mine. I'd hate to build and engine up and have the gasket fail, nice to do things properly from square one, even if it costs!

Edited by Sam

Bally

Well I swear by the cometic, gaskets, thing is about them is that I reuse them over and over again lol. Not recommended but they work well. Saw a guy reuse one till all the black coating was off and was still going strong.

brianthemagical

i did some beer mat maths today in one of my lecture and, assuming the pistons your using have the same squish as the d6b then your running closer to 15:1.

DamirGTI

Hi !

Thinks so :( , well 15:1 sounds way too much :wacko: i don't think so.. the squish height/area on this lightly dished DFZ pistons is the same as the squish area on the standard D6B (the outline of the dish is a mirror image of the outline of the combustion chamber)

Me thinks that it's must be around 11.1 CR , petert from here mention in one post that hes measured 12.3 CR using same pistons :unsure:

However apart from raising the CR , the head is also modified - inlet and exhaust ports , valves , multi angle valve seats etc. so the VE is also improved ...

I didn't open the engine yet but me thinks that the head gasket has received detonation damage :blink:

I will try with some good quality aftermarket head gasket , but this time sort out the ignition timing first ;) ...

Thanks for help !

Regards

Damir

Sign in to follow this