• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Quick Clutch Question

ross009

can i use my1.6 gti clutch on my 16v xsi engine? im using a be3 1.6 gearbox? alternatively the xsi engine still has its clutch can i use this with my be3 gear box? or do i have to buy a 1.9 mi clutch? just my 1.6 clutch isnt very old so didnt wanna just chuck it? cheers

cybernck

1.6/1.9 are 200 mm, while Mi16 is 215 mm.

both can be used with a BE3 gearbox without problems.

it's the flywheel that dictates which one you have to use.

ross009

ok great so i can just leave the xsi flywheel on and use my cluch or do i need to put my xu9 flywheel on?

pug_ham

What engine management system are you using with the XSi engine?

If you are using one that has crank angle sensor (CAS) (original XSi management or aftermarket ecu) then you will need the flywheel from the XSi as your 1.6 won't have the timing ring teeth for it to work.

Clutch will also depend on what size is mean't to be fitted to the XSi engine but I'd guess its a 215mm clutch so you won't be able to use your 8v one.

Graham.

ross009

ah dam well i was gonna use my xsi management but now im kind of thinking about goin to gti6 ecu and management because im planning on putting gti6 head etc on im just trying to find out what i'll have to change to use gti6 management and loom its gettin more complicated by the day!

pug_ham

The flywheel from the 306 XSi should be suitable to run the GTi-6 ecu so all you'll have to do is the wiring but that won't be much different to fitting the MP5.1 from the 306 XSi.

The original 306 ecu might be mappable so using that with the GTi-6 head & cams would work but you are effectively making it a GTi-6 engine then you might as well use that ecu.

Graham.

ross009

ah thats gd news because i saw a gti6 ecu and loom for sale witht he loom ready to plug and play in a 205 if i dint swap over to gti6 head straigh away would the car run very rough due to the milder cams or do the ecus run in closed loop and adjust according to lamda readings or are they not that advanced? cheers for the info its helping no end!!

Sign in to follow this