• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6

r.u.sure

Sorry if this sounds a bit daft :rolleyes: just after some reassurance that everything's ok really.

I'm one of those people who checks the oil and water every time before I go out, on Monday the coolant level didn't even reach the bottom of my middle finger, then, on Tuesday when I checked it, it was between the first knuckle and the bottom of the finger, a difference of over three quarters of an inch.

I have noticed differences in the level before but not really taken any notice of it as it doesn't seem to loose water or overheat excessively, but was talking to someone today who said it could be down to an air pocket.

Any views, comments or advice would be great.

Dave

Edp

Just drain the water down, open the bleed valve and refill with the engine running. Once bubbling water is coming out of the valves shut them and top up as required.

That should solve any air leak problem.

BuD

Take the cap off and run it up to temp till the fan cuts in topping up to the brim as needed - give it a few blips of throttle during this. Let it cool a bit then stick the cap back on, run it up to temp again and rev it a bit and look for leaks, try squeezeing hoses a little and look for white deposits of coolant.

If it all looks good and doesnt overheat when driving keep an eye on it and dont worry :rolleyes:

EDIT: beaten to it!

Edited by BuD

r.u.sure

OK nice one.

Thanks for the help :(

Sign in to follow this