• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
suth82

6mm Drain Plug

suth82

Hi,

Stripping down my mi16 bottom end last night and came across an oil drain plug inside the block which require a 6mm square key to remove. My question is - does anyone know where i can get a 6mm square key? i've been down to my local motor factors who's smallest size is 8mm, cant find one on the interweb either.

Paul

allanallen
Hi,

Stripping down my mi16 bottom end last night and came across an oil drain plug inside the block which require a 6mm square key to remove. My question is - does anyone know where i can get a 6mm square key? i've been down to my local motor factors who's smallest size is 8mm, cant find one on the interweb either.

Paul

I ground down a largeish allen key, works a treat and ive had it for years. al

max0
I ground down a largeish allen key, works a treat and ive had it for years. al

I took the handle out of a door and used the bar which goes from the inside handle to the outside one :rolleyes: Perfect fit and its square

suth82

Thanks for the replies folks, took apart one of my doors only to find out that the shaft in them is 8mm, then ground down an allen key which started to deform the plug, then ground down a stainless steel bolt which bent when i tried to turn the plug, then drilled through the plug and used a bolt extractor which wouldnt budge it!! ended up hammering a torx socket into the plug and turned it with a 24" breaker bar!!! It was certainley stuck hard, good news is that the replacement plug is only £1.11 from Peugeot.

Sign in to follow this