• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
felix2566

Indicators Stopped Working....

felix2566

Basically as the title, indicators dont work, or very occasionally when they do the relay clicks and crackles a lot. The hazards work fine. Sometimes the indicators will work after using the hazards, but only for a few clicks.

I have tried changing the indicator stalk and the relay but it hasn't changed the problem.

Was thinking maybe an earthing problem, but why do the hazards work fine?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Anthony

Have you tried swapping out the hazard light button itself? The indicator wiring runs though it from memory, and it's been the cause of non-functioning indicators (but hazards OK) for me before...

felix2566

No, havent tried that. Will try it tonight, glad I have all those odd spares at home!

Cheers

Arahan

Yeah, i have that too, i need to sort it really but when i press the hazard button upwards (not in), they work fine! So ive got a small piece of paper wedged in to keep the hazard button up so all works! Bodge and a half! haha! I need to sort it but haven't got around to it yet!

richard

check fuse 4, this will control your indicators.

fuse 5 is for your hazards

Do you get the indicator relay click when active?

And, check that someone hasn't spurred off the main lighting circuit...as some tool had with mine blowing fuses left right and centre!

bobob

I had the exact same thing aswell, and it turned out to be the hazard button itself.

sussex_gti

Yep, hazard switch for me too. Try a clean out with some contact cleaner/wd40.

christopher

This happened to me last week.. I removed the the hazard switch and kept in plugged in. Then gently pushed the switch to one side until the hazards lit. Then to the other until it lit. After 5 goes it carried on working...

Sign in to follow this