• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Stripped Beam

davev

i just thought id let you all have a laugh at the condition of the rear beam i took off my car a while ago.(it has been replaced with a complete beam from 205 parts)

i had assumed the worst from having it seize solid, slowly drop and finaly start rubbing on the drivers inner arch, but im rather ammazed i was driving around with it in such bad condition :wacko: must be a contender for the worst beam ever :D although it did come apart easy with the aid of some brute force.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/dav...%20beam%20work/

point in all this was as practice for a hopefull strip of a good 309 beam(fingers crossed) but before i start is there anyway i can check that its a good'un, before the car its on goes to pug heaven :(

thanks. dave.

Jrod

Doesn't look that bad, just grease it up and whack it back together. :D

davev

i wouldnt hint to hard as im thinking about trying to get it to hold together so i can swap it with the 309 one just before it goes away :D

pug309twin40s

ah thats not too bad, just stripped the old beam of my goodwood and thats a little bit worse then what yours was but still all moved freely. heavens know how as the beam was just full of rust!

travill

Not that bad mine had actually rubbed through the tube and was split at the end :lol:

jackherer
must be a contender for the worst beam ever :lol:

I've seen loads like that, its pretty normal unfortunately.

davev

is there any way i can check the beam on my 309 while its on the car. thinking of checking for play and possibly taking the shocks off to check if its free?

Sign in to follow this