• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smighall

Re-routing Fuel Lines

smighall

Hi all,

I'm looking at running my fuel lines through the cabin on my track car, and feed a swirl pot in the engine bay. Ideally i want to do this with braided hose if it won't cost too much (where's best to buy it from), but i assume i could do it with normal copper fuel lines too?

Also how much pipe would i need to do both a feed and return?

Thanks

Sean

Peetypug

seen some braided 8mm fuel pipe on fleabay

clicky here

if the link doesnt work item number 130157582425

probably not the cheapest but its a start for prices

i dont know how much you will need, but it cant be more than 7 metres

link doesnt work :)

Edited by sorrentopete

SPGTi

Use hardline from James Lister Motorsport. About £7.50 for 4 metres and forms like copper.

Steve

large

demon tweeks The pipe is quite cheep its the fittings that cost ££££££.Also get the ptfe lined pipe or the car will smell of fuel. as for copper pipe its ok as long as you don't have an off as it can split and you and up looking like something off a bbq :D

smighall

Cheers. Possibly a stupid question, but how do you know which hoses are ptfe lined? as i can't see that written in any of the descriptions.

SPGTi

The only problem with the proper braided PTFE lined petrol hose is that it doesn't "crush" when you use jubilee clips (or petrol hose clips) on the push fittings of the fuel pump.

Steve

Dj_mini

Iv got braided house from demon thieves not cheap crap and it still breaths you can deff smell fuel after the car has been running for a long time. :D

I think the only way round this is as stated above getting goodridge hose with the propper fittings.

Sign in to follow this