• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
projectpug

205 Wet Track Tyres

projectpug

Hi

I am attending anglesey next weekend and with the possiblities of rain i am in need of some wet tyres to fit on my spare speedlines. I have r888 on my main set but i have heard these are bad in the wet (standing water) with them being semi slicks. What do you recommend for my spare set and where to get them from are hankook rs-2 any good in the wet 195/50/15 i have for the toyos?

Thanks in advance

Phil

pdd144c

R888 aren't actually that bad in the wet. Just adjust the pressures to suit.

Batfink

I ran a soft set of yoko's in coombe in pouring rain and they were still better than road tyres..

projectpug

So R888 be ok in the rain , just thought there must be something more suitable out there?

cybernck

can't go wrong with proper wet racing tyres :D.

Chris H

Try and find some Michelin P2A tyres, they were the wet option for the clio cup when they ran 15" tyres.

They are amazing in the wet....just cant describe how well they perform when its very wet but i'm able to make up loads of places on wet rallies using these tyres over people with non wet specific tyres.

pdd144c

Obviously proper wets will be best, but if you are on a budget the R888 will be fine. If you can afford the wets go for it!

VisaGTi16v

As above. I run Yoko 48r's which have a similar almost non existant tread like the 888 but as they are soft they work well in the wet. Just watch out for big bits of standing water thats all as obviously they wont clear that well and will aquaplane a bit. I did a track day at Brands in torrential rain and once I had done 2 laps of swearing at the car going all over the place through rivers and ponds at various points, I adjusted my lines and had a blast :D

Sign in to follow this