• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kyler000

Brakes,what To Do?

Guest kyler000

I am interested in buying groved discs and green stuff brake pad all round on my 1.9 gti. I have heard that the brakes arent that great standard, would this be a good way to go or should i go for a larger caliper and disc upgrade as i intend on fitting cams and twin 45s therefore braking will be important. I am fitting 15" wheels.

Thanks

pug_ham

Good condition standard brakes are more than suitable for a relatively standard 205 1.9 GTi.

Whoever said that standard brakes aren't up to much was wrong in most cases.

The 1.9 GTi has 15" wheels as standard already.

Try searching as there are lots of topics with regards to brakes already posted so you will have plenty of opinions to read through.

Graham.

projectpug

id go for some braided hoses - groved disks and some uprated pads im using green. Ive found the combination brilliant and unfadable even on mega track stints.

acox99

I found the standard brakes to be crap after i bought one that had been sitting for ages and the brake were basically rust!! but once i had cleared them they were great, pugs tend to have pretty good brakes as long as you don't replace them with total sh*t, in my experience anyway.

Sign in to follow this