• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Yes Yet Another Beam Question

Atari Boy

As I am sure some you will have notice by my somewhat daft and stupid questions or late I am stripping a rear beam with the intension of putting it on my 205.

Things are actually going quite well so far and I am enjoying doing it for myself, I have learnt lots too.

I am following Wurzel’s guide and I am in the process of removing the torsion bars. I have the torx screws off and the nuts of the other ends on both sides. I am mid way through sorting the offset washers and whilst doing so I notice that on one of the trailing arms is fowling one of the torsion bar end and therefore will not enable me to use a screwdriver properly on the thread end.

What should I do? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Jonny

pug_ham

Not quite sure what you are saying is wrong here but the torsion bar is supposed to be pulled up to the back of the offset washer.

I guess you are looking at the picture below for getting offset washer out;

rearbeamrefurb06.jpg

To get the offset washer moving & out I use a small chisel in the washer to free it off (they are scrap anyway) & then you can get a screwdriver in to pull the washer out.

Graham.

gazzamec

i think i know what you mean,

you cant get a driver on the end of the bar? because the arm is in the way? yes?

try using a piece of flat metal the correct thickness to get in from a right angle

Atari Boy
i think i know what you mean,

you cant get a driver on the end of the bar? because the arm is in the way? yes?

try using a piece of flat metal the correct thickness to get in from a right angle

Spot on Gazzamec, it sounds as though it is not just me which is good to know.

I will try your flat metaal ideal - good thinking.

Jonny

Sign in to follow this