• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Black Edging Up The Door Pillar.

sonofsam

Hi all,

As I swapped my doors over to base model items these do not have the black edging strip on them.

Im after something to go back on there that looks OE. I dont know if plain black adhesive vinyl will cut it?

It's damn sticky what ever it is , anyone got any good suggestions as what to use.

Cheers

Sam.

mogsman

Hi Sam, You're right it is sticky vinyl. I stripped mine as it was split at the bottom. It looks alright to me without the vinyl.

Ian

Paintguy

I painted mine (surprise surprise ) and you can't really tell from a distance. Even close up it looks well :wub:

If you do want to replace the vinyl, then I'd guess that the proper one for the 205 is pretty hard to get hold of nowadays. Maybe a 106/Saxo one will fit reasonably well, or buy one for a 206 and cut it down to size.

steve@cornwall
I painted mine (surprise surprise ) and you can't really tell from a distance. Even close up it looks well :wub:

If you do want to replace the vinyl, then I'd guess that the proper one for the 205 is pretty hard to get hold of nowadays. Maybe a 106/Saxo one will fit reasonably well, or buy one for a 206 and cut it down to size.

Just masked mine up and painted with satin black rattle cans (again, surprise, surprise) Dog's danglers :lol:

sonofsam

Nice one cheers for the replies Guys :wub:

Hhmm I may paint it, but a cut down 206 one sounds good too. Anyone know what they are supposed to be called,

so I can go look for some .

Paintguy

I always use the proper technical term when I order any - "That black stick-on stuff that goes on the door pillar" normally works :wub:

sonofsam

I feel honoured that you are letting us in on your trade secrets here :lol:

Jrod

What exactly is it for? I think it looks okay without it out myself? :lol:

sussex_gti

Go to your local Nissan dealer and get the same thing for an N16 Nissan Almera. I work for Nissan, and had to fit a few of them. should look spot on, and easy to fit. Just a thought.

Paintguy
What exactly is it for?

Just cosmetic really, to carry the darker band of the windows through the pillars.

Jrod

Did you sort this yet Sam?

I've got it on 1 door and not on the other, rather than swapping the door I'd rather just stick something on to the door without it! (took me f***ing ages to get the other 1 lined up!)

GLPoomobile

I painted the edge on my first GTI. sanded down and sprayed with a Peugeot gloss black from a Halfords rattle can. Looked lovely afterwards and much better than the original stick on thing.

sonofsam
Did you sort this yet Sam?

I've got it on 1 door and not on the other, rather than swapping the door I'd rather just stick something on to the door without it! (took me f***ing ages to get the other 1 lined up!)

No, not yet J. I may pop in the vinyl graphics place next to work though to see what I can scrounge. :) I'll grab you some if I can. :angry:

Jrod

No worries, I'm gonna swap the door.

Just had a look at the passanger door and it looks like someone had a go around the lock. (I think / hope this was before I bought it) :angry:

Hilgie

The stikcy vinyl for the doors is still available from Peugeot :ph34r:

dean

you can buy the black edging from peugeot as i did its about £12 each side

Last Legend

Anyone know the part number?My local Peugeot dealer parts dept are useless,more often then not they say you cant get it anymore unless I give them a number and do there job for them!

dean

i can try and find it out for you

de Noir

Guys, I ordered these at Peugeot last year.

There are four stickys, two each side - one for the door edge and one for the pillar.

All differ in shape of course, and are custom tailored and nicely packed.

As far as I am concerned, it's 3M black matte UV-resistant self adhesive foil.

I wanted to scan them and make vector files for foil cutter, but haven't had time to do it..

And finally, part numbers:

b-post:

8659FR ADHESIVE TAPE LEFT 3DR

8659FS ADHESIVE TAPE RIGHT 3DR

doors

8659FT ADHESIVE TAPE LEFT 3DR

8659FV ADHESIVE TAPE RIGHT 3DR

Each is around 10€.

Edited by MH_

Last Legend
Guys, I ordered these at Peugeot last year.

There are four stickys, two each side - one for the door edge and one for the pillar.

All differ in shape of course, and are custom tailored and nicely packed.

As far as I am concerned, it's 3M black matte UV-resistant self adhesive foil.

I wanted to scan them and make vector files for foil cutter, but haven't had time to do it..

And finally, part numbers:

b-post:

doors

Each is around 10€.

Thanks for this, I'll be investing in some for the spring.

Jrod

b-post:

doors

They are all £9.29 inc VAT

Sign in to follow this