• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
van cleef

Mot Failure

van cleef

I've spent an hour doing a search so here it is.

Right i've had my 309 gti for a year now and the Mot was done but it fauled on the rear caliper's.The passenger side just passed but the drivers side was non existant but still engaged with the hand brake.

Now being brand new and aided with a haynes manual i decided to try to see if the fluid pressure was getting to the caliper and could'nt tell where the bleed nipple was(brand new remember) so i undid the flex pipe union going into the caliper but there was no fluid coming out.The next thought was the rear brake compensator's which also i could'nt locate with my to be toilet paper haynes manual.

So could anybody please help me shed some light on this with pics if possible or good explaining.

I should really stick to construction but hell i'm keen.

:)

jim21070

As you say, This may well be one of your pressure compensators failing. A very common problem.

IIRC, they're in the engine bay, on the right-hand side and are hexagonal cylinders about three inches long spliced into the rear brake lines. There is one for each side.

Replacement with a new one is the only answer. They're readily available and not too pricey.

I'd change both.

Edited by jim21070

Sign in to follow this