• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
e30m3

Cost Of A Rebuild

e30m3

I racing my 1.6 gti in a local stockhatch series and I really think the engine could do with a rebuild, I bought it second hand and its supposidly had a new head and bottom end rebuild but somethings not quite right. A couple of weeks ago it poped the oil cap off and was running alot hotter than normal an boiling the water at brands hatch.

Was wondering what sort of money i should expect to pay for a rebuilt? and who in the south east would be best to do it, alternitively who would be good to take it to to find out whats wrong and if a rebuild is required without spending a fortune?

Miles

As your in Sussex, I'd go to QEP, I think they have done a few of these XU engine's now,

Cost wise is always a difficult one as until it's stripped you never know what you need, Are you allowed to run the group 'N' cam's in your class? as these are a nice upgrade.

Sign in to follow this