• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

Mi Exhaust Manifold

jerseypug

found out the gear rod is hitting the exhaust and making 2nd gear difficult to select. i have a mi16 1905cc with standatd manifold, cut and shut bulkhead and a downpipe without the flat plate inside which has been cut and joined in various places. (i bought the car like that) i tried an 8v manifold which lines up and fits well but points directly at the gear rod linkage and needs to move over to the drivers side by about 50mm. after reading lots of posts here it looks like i have to grind the flange off the top of the downpipe to rotate it slightly and re weld it. i am concerned that the flat plate in the downpipe will not line up with the manifold plate. i think i have another downpipe without the plate inside which i am not sure what it is off, and i have an 8v downpipe with the plate inside and presume that it is there for a reason. any one know what my best option is?

jackherer

Don't rotate the flange, cut a cheese wedge shape from the pipe and weld the flange back on so its at a slightly different angle but with the centre divide still lining up.

jerseypug

thanks for that. just found a mi downpipe with the deviding plate inside, tried it on and it looks like a much better fit. i will cut it down later and try it connected to the exhaust.

Sign in to follow this