• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainK

1.9 Gti 8v Workshop Manuals

CaptainK

I'm wondering if any of you know where I can obtain a decent workshop manual for the 1.9 GTi 8v engine (specifically the one used in my 1993 205) and preferably in an electronic format like a PDF, word doc or online version.

I have the Haynes manual for the Peugeot 205, but its not detailed enough about the engine.

Anyone have any ideas? ;)

jim21070

AFAIK, the only one in PDF for download (breach of copyright actually :) ) is for the useless red Covered Haynes Manual.

Try to find an Orange covered Haynes Owners Workshop manual. This one is about three times the thickness of the red one. They come up on e-bay from time to time and can often be found at autojumbles. They are long out-of-print now.

The Orange one is much more detailed in all respects and actually tells you things you need to know.

If you can read French, see if you can get a copy of the 205 Revue Technique. These are like a French Haynes but bloody excellent. The only problem is they're written in French.

Another good source of informatin is the old Haynes manual for the Citroen BX (brown cover). Again long out of print.

DamirGTI

Hi !

Well you can download PDF version here : http://www.205gti.com/downloads.htm (this is from new Haynes manual ..)

But as Jim said the old Haynes book (called "Owners Workshop Manual" , the new one is "Service And Repair Manual") is much better :lol:

e-bay is your friend , look around for these old Haynes books ( the old one for 309 is also good :) , better then new Haynes for 205 anyway :wub: )

Regards ! B)

Damir

CaptainK

Thanks for that.

I've got an actual Haynes Printed manual (the red one) and have it on the PDF you speak of. I don't deem it to be too naughty having the PDF version when I legally own the actual thing. Its much easier to just check summat on my computer than go find the book and get my hands dirty from the oil on it. :)

But I'm actually looking for things like an ECU wiring diagram and location of all the sensors and stuff on the 1993 1.9 engine. The Haynes manual just helpfully says things like "To replace the Engine Temp Sensor, unscrew the sensor and renew". It doesn't actually say WHERE it is or what it looks like. :)

Alastairh

I normally find the search button on here tends to give informative results :)

CaptainK
I normally find the search button on here tends to give informative results :)

I did do. BUT, I started this topic when the forum was on the fritz and every time I used the search button it just fell over. I tried many times, but gave up and thought I'd ask. :)

DamirGTI

Hi !

Feel free and ask what you wish to know :) (what you didn't find inside the "joke book"..) , myself and people from here will help you out :) .

Regards !

Damir

Ryan
Thanks for that.

I've got an actual Haynes Printed manual (the red one) and have it on the PDF you speak of. I don't deem it to be too naughty having the PDF version when I legally own the actual thing. Its much easier to just check summat on my computer than go find the book and get my hands dirty from the oil on it. :)

But I'm actually looking for things like an ECU wiring diagram and location of all the sensors and stuff on the 1993 1.9 engine. The Haynes manual just helpfully says things like "To replace the Engine Temp Sensor, unscrew the sensor and renew". It doesn't actually say WHERE it is or what it looks like. :)

The older orange haynes manual is generally better than the newer red one, but it doesn't cover any of the phase-2 changes made after late 1990. :lol:

Guest wingnut

I've got the red Haynes manual and it is, as already stated, rubbish. Given that certain parts of ths car are bizarrely engineered for manufacture (I work for Airbus, so I know what french engineering for manufacture can really do to a man's sanity)...Haynes really haven't put enough into this manual to warrant the price.

I'm now just keeping an eye out in the Oxfam bookshops and so forth in the area and keeping my eyes on eBay. As the man above said...eBay is your friend... :)

CaptainK

Thanks everyone. :D

Looks like I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for an Orange Manual, or find some time when its not raining and just jack up my 205 and take it to bits and find out what I want to know. :)

dch1950

keep your eyes peeled for the 83-93 workshop manual as it has the phase 2 addendum sections (an xtra 120 pages !.)The 83-91 version doesn't

regards

Dave

Sign in to follow this