• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Non Oem Indicators

Dave_McC

Bought some replacement headlights and indicators from a local motor factors, and made sure I checked the make before ordering - and was told they were all Lucas. Went to fit them yesterday and found the indicators were FFIT - the fit was so awful I took them off and put the orange ones back on, and I'll be taking them back for a refund tomorrow.

Anyone else found this, or was I just unlucky?

Dave

GLPoomobile

dunno about the various makes, but I have noticed that some can be utter crap.

Part of the problem is the shoddy design in the headlight area - the fit and finish, panel gaps etc of the wings, and how the indicators and headlights fit in this area is just so slapdash. Even with OE stuff you can find that trying to get everything to line and look ok can be difficult, even if they physically fit without problems.

James_m

I had one from ECP, was under £10iirc

Absolute crap unsuprisingly. The spring thing that attaches to the headlight was so bad i had to bodge the old one back in that also didnt fit properly.

Cracked it leaning over the front the other day, im now running 2 selotaped lenses. Gangsta :)

alexmi16

I too had some from ECP - the headlights had some really low quality plastic fitting which eventually broke. The quality of products i've bought from ECP is unbelievable. I got a set of headlights, front clear repeaters and fogs from GSF for not alot more than ECP and they have served me fantastically for 3 years. They were all Valeo parts.

sussex_gti

i'm after orange fronts for mine, wanna get it back to spec. Let me know if your intrested in swapping with my clears.

Dave_McC

Sussex gti - I've bought some Valeo ones from Autofive in the meantime and fitted them yesterday - excellent fit. Did find the Lucas headlights I'd fitted must have their inner mounting points in slightly different positions to the Valeo ones I removed - had to adjust the position of the headlight adjusters to get everything aligned right - but it looks the dogs now.

Going to hang onto the orange ones so I can put it back to standard if I want to.

Dave

Sign in to follow this