• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kevp's 205gti

0-60 Times And What Box?

kevp's 205gti

guys i been looking round now and i seen a few cars eg; fiesta ztecs running a 160bhp puma racing lump,stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.5seconds.a 2.0 200bhp redtop vauxhaull nova stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.5seconds and finaly a rover 100 (metro) running a 1.8vvt 180bhp stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.2seconds.

now when i took on my 205 (for track use only and will still ned to be kept roadlegal) i wanted to make it 0-60 in about 6seconds. now looking at the competitoin im struggling to see i will achive this even stripped out and running approximatly 180bhp from my gti-6 lump(from a xsara vts 5speed).

so im considering a 1600 gti gearbox for closer ratio.

will i benefit from the 1600 box or the 5speed from the xsara vts?im tlod it uses mi-16 ratios

Baz

With a 1.6 box you'll need 3rd for 60 iirc, so slower 0-60 times.

A good 1.9 8v should do around just below 8 secs to 60 tbh, and peeps on here have found that a std Mi16'd 205 will hit 60 in around 6.5 secs, depending on gearbox choice etc, it all really depends what you really want to use the car for.

kevp's 205gti
With a 1.6 box you'll need 3rd for 60 iirc, so slower 0-60 times.

A good 1.9 8v should do around just below 8 secs to 60 tbh, and peeps on here have found that a std Mi16'd 205 will hit 60 in around 6.5 secs, depending on gearbox choice etc, it all really depends what you really want to use the car for.

yeah?well im told the gti-6 lumps alot heavier than the mi-16 mainly due to the iron block not sure excatly what the weight diffrences are between the gti-6,mi-16 and my standard 1.9gti block?

so am i kiiling my 0-60?

Alastairh
guys i been looking round now and i seen a few cars eg; fiesta ztecs running a 160bhp puma racing lump,stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.5seconds.a 2.0 200bhp redtop vauxhaull nova stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.5seconds and finaly a rover 100 (metro) running a 1.8vvt 180bhp stripped out claims to be hitting 60 in 7.2seconds.

now when i took on my 205 (for track use only and will still ned to be kept roadlegal) i wanted to make it 0-60 in about 6seconds. now looking at the competitoin im struggling to see i will achive this even stripped out and running approximatly 180bhp from my gti-6 lump(from a xsara vts 5speed).

so im considering a 1600 gti gearbox for closer ratio.

will i benefit from the 1600 box or the 5speed from the xsara vts?im tlod it uses mi-16 ratios

Alot of that is bollox.

Especailly the metro. A mate of mine messes about with them and certainly is more than a 7 second car...

A gti6 with a Mi box easily does 6.5 in road trim. PROVEN!

Sandy

The 1.6 box is the last thing you need for improving 0-60 times, the shorter first gear (relative to second), is crap in two ways, firstly traction, it's harder to get the power down and secondly the drop from 1st to 2nd in revs is greater than boxes with the 2.92 first (Mi16, 1.9, GTi6, Xsara VTS etc), so it takes longer to pick up in second.

Edited by sandy309

brianthemagical

if it'sa track car why do you want a decent 0-60? how many of the track cars do ~20 mph?

danpug

The people you mention need to seriously practice launches by the sounds of it!

kevp's 205gti
The people you mention need to seriously practice launches by the sounds of it!

lamo.yeah i thought a baisc knowlage of pwer to weight ratio would have proved they should be less than 7.5seconds

Matt Holley

I have used a 1.9 1.6 and mi16 box on gti6s and the mi16 box is the best by far,

The 1.9 box is to long but works better on the gti6 engine than it does on an mi16 with the extra torque.

The 1.6 box is a little to short but it will do 60 in second.

The mi16 box seems to really work well and when its mated with a atb diff is great on track :)

Also my last 205 gti6 with full carisma leather retrim so not exactly light did a 6.6 to 60 with a 1.6 gearbox,

Edited by matt holley

Sign in to follow this