• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ccgoose

Misfire

ccgoose

Ok well picked up a 1.6 GTi off ebay with a slight misfire. Took it a le Barn avec Kate and went through the normal steps of tryign to get rid. The symptons: Idles fine, when revving it misfires constantly without fluctuating the revs at all and continues right up to the top 'ish end of the range. The car travels but obviously its a struggle to drive (despite having got to 90mph in it)

Our attempts to resolve the issue consisted of....

3 different AFM's

2 x Coils

Re-terminted the coil wiring

Re-did ignition Amp

New Spark Plugs + HT Leads

Connected some sort of vacuum hose on the back of the distributor bit

New Dizzy + Rotor Arm

I think thats about it, as well as cleaning up the earth by the coil. I'm now a bit stuck and was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

brianthemagical

did you actually replace the ign amp?

chris1986

i bought mine, with this fault. after 2 months of changing parts it turned out to be the head gasket gone

ccgoose

we replaced the ignition amp and have also done a compression test which was all fine :wacko:

Any more suggestions please folkes ?

jackherer

Check the main earth strap from the battery negative to the gearbox. Easiest way for testing is to use a jumplead from the block to the battery.

Guest jarjar
Check the main earth strap from the battery negative to the gearbox. Easiest way for testing is to use a jumplead from the block to the battery.

alright mate check the cam belt timing bud mine slipped and stripped 13 teeth off the belt but still ran changed the belt and all was well again ;)

brianthemagical

what about the possiblity of an air leak?

Sign in to follow this