• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

Cause Of A Stiff Clutch Pedal

jeremy

Basically on the daily driven 205 the clutch pedal when being pressed/depressed is slowly getting stiffer, and on my under restoration project (4 years this Feb) the pedal is stiffer than a vistor in the mortuary.

On both cars I have checked to make sure the drivers mat is not in the way and I know it is not the cable on the car in the garage as this travels freely.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

welshpug

seized release arm bushes, and if its a BE1; a seized reactor link, and finally cruddy cable.

Edited by welshpug

jeremy
seized release arm bushes, and if its a BE1; a seized reactor link, and finally cruddy cable.

Thanks for the response, however I have no idea what either of these parts are other than the cable, please could you expand on where these can be located.

Thanks

boldy205

if its not the cable then the bushes on the spindle that the clutch cable acts on, theres one top and one bottom, but yon need to remove the box to access them,not saying thats deffinetly it but they are a bit sh*ty on mine.

chris1986

on mine i found when i fitted a new luk clutch it made the pedal alot lighter

pug_ham
Thanks for the response, however I have no idea what either of these parts are other than the cable, please could you expand on where these can be located.

Thanks

All are on the gearbox casing.

Be1 gearbox end clutch mechanism, items 6, 7 & 9 I think.

Graham.

wardy18

I had exactly this but on a pug i picked up which had been sat unmoved for months, on fitting a new cable it was spot on!!

Redtop

Could be the heat of the engine/exhaust drying out the grease inside the cable cover. I know it happens on the 306 d-turbos because it was designed initallly as a lhd car where the cable would be running across the car close to the exhaust. Fit a new cable and try that 1st as sometimes they snap at the g-box end because they rust, and then that would be one less thing to worry about. Failing that, what has been suggested above would be my next port of call to inspect/try/replace.

Sign in to follow this