• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

'deleting' Wing Mirror? Mot Issues/ Legality?

johnnyboy666

im thinking of removing my passenger side wing mirror and replacing it with a smoothed off plate, just wondering if anybody knows whether it would pass the mot with just one mirror and if its legal with just one. im pretty sure its fine for older cars so i cant see there being much of a problem unless there was a law introduced somewhere?

any help is appreciated as always :lol:

johnny

Ryan

To pass an MOT you need a minimum of two mirrors, one of which must be the interior rearview mirror. So if you have the rearview + a drivers wing mirror then it should be fine.

Jrod

But that won't stop it looking gash. :lol:

johnnyboy666

cant look quite as gash as the standard mirrors! quite like the smooth look anyway so i think i'll give it a go..... one day :lol:

welshpug

you dont have to have an interior mirror, what about vans eh? :lol: but you DO have to have 2, so that means an inside and outside or 2 outside.

t16ryan

must minimum of 2 one of them has to be the drivers side wing mirror and then either other mirror :lol:

Ryan

I knew one of them was mandatory, just picked the wrong one. :lol:

Phil H

IIRC, Really early 205 XE models had a blankng plate on the passenger door instead of a mirror

Sign in to follow this