• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Raymondo205

Best Xs Exhaust System?

Raymondo205

I'm currently swapping a 1.4 xs engine into my xe and was wondering what the best exhaust system would be and where to buy it from. i want to get a full system from the manifold back.

You guys know any good brands? good places to find them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Ray

johnnyboy666

as for the manifold the best one is a csc marmitte one imported from italy (about £200) if u send a pm to anthony (macaroni) he may be able to get an order in for you as he is just about to put one in for me, but be quick! as for the rest of the system, that depends on preference i suppose as theres very little difference in performance, im currently using a n OE centre section from a 1.1 which is the same as the 1.4 one but without the centre silencer, it is a little louder at highish revs but doesnt bother me too much, i also find that it sealed better than my old 1.4 pipe and it was a fair bit cheaper, about £20 irrc. my backbox is a peco bigbore 3, the name sounds a bit chavvy <_< but its pretty good, not too big, not too loud, seals well, and has quite a nice little chrome tail pipe :(

hope that helps

john

Jrod

CSC backbox for the win.

Don't think they make them anymore though.

DaveW

janspeed with the standard centre section with the mid box.

AdamP

I've got a standard manifold, straight through 2" centre section and standard rear box at the moment, and it sounds lovely! It's quite quiet but with a lovely rasp, quite a few people said it was sounding great at the Retro-Rides show, and it was running with a V8 Corvette!

Possibly not much of a performance gain, but quite a few people have reported power losses with so called 'performance' exhausts!

RossD
I've got a standard manifold, straight through 2" centre section and standard rear box at the moment, and it sounds lovely! It's quite quiet but with a lovely rasp, quite a few people said it was sounding great at the Retro-Rides show, and it was running with a V8 Corvette!

Possibly not much of a performance gain, but quite a few people have reported power losses with so called 'performance' exhausts!

Did you have the 2" centre section custom made, or is it an off the shelf item?

AdamP
Did you have the 2" centre section custom made, or is it an off the shelf item?

It was on the car when I got it, but i think is was custom made.

Adam

swordfish210

CSC manifold and keep the rest standard is the way to go

Raymondo205

Cheers for all the help lads, im on a very tight budget so i'm thinking of just keeping the middle standard and just getting a back box and manifold, anybody know of any where that sells manifolds? been trying but yet haven't found anything.

Cheers

Ray

swordfish210

try and get hold of Macaroni on here, or theres a thread in the group buy section

Guest smokinslim

Best bet is Macaroni for a csc one. I know of a company selling them in this country but for the best part of £400. I'm currently using a modified saxo manifold, if you come across one going cheap its worth bearing in mind too.

Sign in to follow this