• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skeggyrik

Engine's Out Ready For Work

skeggyrik

Got my arse into gear at last on Saturday and picked up a Engine Crane from a hire shop.

The biggest struggle of the day was getting the crane out of the other 205 on my own! :ph34r:

It came out easy enough despite having to use lifting straps as they didn't have the chains I had asked for.

Got the gearbox and flywheel off and then got the engine on to the stand which was easier said than done, as the crane and the stand fouled each other. After a bit of swinging and pushing it happened and it's now sitting on the stand ready for open heart surgery. I was knackered afterwards, lots of swinging and shifting on my own, but managed it without damaging anything including myself. Sloping driveways are not advisable! :lol:

So a bottom end rebuild, a bit of head work and may be a cat inlet cam will now follow.

Progress at last.

post-8632-1190040554_thumb.jpg

post-8632-1190040575_thumb.jpg

post-8632-1190040588_thumb.jpg

post-8632-1190040611_thumb.jpg

M@tt

nice one mate!

got to love struggling with big heavy engines on your own :ph34r: reminds me of when i had to get a complete 2.0 turbo lump out the back of my 205 on my own :lol:

skeggyrik

I looked a right sort this morning taking the crane back, I was suited ready to go off for work driving the other 205 helping lift the engine crane out of the boot! i had a couple of comments about the suit but the oily hands told the real story!

Sorry to hear about your bottom end issues mate, hope you get sorted soon.

So do you think it was you efforts at Curborough that did it? :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this