• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Fuel Pump

davev

ive just been doing some research about a fuel pump(facet soild state) ive had lying around for ages. and have just found the part number :) , the interesting thing is ive found its rated at 34gph. and from what i can gather it should be good for around 200ish bhp(based on 25gph for 180 in ads). now this got me intreguied in to finding what the supposed compition silver top i had on the car was good for.

after finding the part number(what a crap position :lol: ) i think ive found that its only good for 150bhp. now on an mi on r1 carbs surely cant be good?

now the question is do you think the one on the car could really be this low, and should i change them? considering on the rollers the car made bang on 150bhp and was told its running slightly lean(not enough to damage)

only things i car think off are the pump would need to be located in another position and it would poss need setting up again.

sorry for rambling on. my minds alll over the place :)

p.s. heres the two part numbers if anyone could look it up for me to comfirm.

facet solid state. 40 107

supposed facet silver top compition 476 087E

davev

could anyone confirm if the stats i found for the pumps are correct, as i had to gather the info from different sites and some off fleebay. so im unsure.

also would a solid state fuel pump work on the car, was originaly told they where crap(from a fuel pump sales company) when i first got the car so didnt use it.

cheers. dave.

boldy205

From what i found out when buying my pump(i run a red top on a MI16 with 45 DCOEs) the silver top is good for aprox 160 BHP. So you dont want a pump thats only just good enough for the power output of the Std. engine, especialy when the engine has carbs. So its a a Facet red top you need (or equivalent, say Holly etc, which i do not realy know much about)

davev

ive found this site with alot of details. i have the last solid state pump and the first cylindrical pump(18 gph not 36 by the way).

do you think i could use the solid state pump with the pressure reg in have, or is there a reason no one else seems to run them. its just i dont see the point in buying another pump if the one i have could do the same job.

link here.

http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/web-facet.pdf

Edited by davev

Sign in to follow this