• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Fuel Mixture

wardy18

Hi all,

Not having a CO Meter at all i have no way of setting my fuel mixture via the AFM, has anyone got any easy ideas as i dont wanna do any damage to the bores etc?!

The car is running a standard 1900 engine with a piper 270 cam?!

Thanx

Simon

boldy205

the CO is only adjustable at idle i think, so wont make any differance to the driving of it. Its all to do with the ECU etc. If you sill want to sort it id take it to a garage, and ask them to set it, but the MOT man will test it when the time comes round andway. And i shouldnt worry about bore wash.

wardy18
the CO is only adjustable at idle i think, so wont make any differance to the driving of it. Its all to do with the ECU etc. If you sill want to sort it id take it to a garage, and ask them to set it, but the MOT man will test it when the time comes round andway. And i shouldnt worry about bore wash.

Ur gonna hate me for this as most do, we in Guernsey do not have any form of MOT, as long as the car is in a driveable condition you can drive any old pice of sh*t, its great!!

Yeh ill try and find a garage with a CO Meter so i can set it up, i might try and invest in one of those kits with the meter in teh car connected to a lambda sensor in teh exhaust

thanx for the reply

simon

VisaGTi16v

You have a 40mph speed limit though so <_<

DamirGTI

Hi !

Yes , it's possible I've done this a few times without any problems , you will need :

digital multimeter

lambda sensor (narrow band or if you have money it's best to buy an wideband sensor ..)

and a bit of patience :lol:

You can read full info about that set up job here (i don't wish to write all this again sorry !) :

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...&hl=mixture

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...&hl=mixture

If you have some further questions about this please ask ! :lol:

Cheers ! :P

Damir

wardy18
You have a 40mph speed limit though so :)

well ok yeh, actually 35mph, but once that sun goes down..........need i say anymore!!!

Put it this way i was the only guy to be running Nitrous on my last car and i went throu plenty of bottles hehe NOW THERES A RUSH, 50bhp at the flick of a switch

Sign in to follow this