• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

What Exhaust System

djinuk

I have a 1.9 gti which i purchased a few months ago, its has a stainless magnex back box, what is the best manifold etc that the people on this board would recommend, or would you simply not bother.

brianthemagical

try a search. basically thestd mani s one of the best. make sure the d/pipe is split and arvin is the best make for std exhausts.

wardy18

ive always been told the quicker the gases can get out the better but for a 1900 keep within a 2 1/4" bore size, im currently running a AMgnex 4:2:1 Manifold into a Sebring Stainless Centre Section Straight throu with no centre silencer then into a sebring rear box, a bit too loud for a road car but this is my hillclimb car so its fine

bobbbette

magnex manifold seems quite popular. theres very little to be gained with fancy exhausts and you may as well stick with standard unless your 205 is pretty powerful. you've also got to consider back pressure. theres loads been said about various exhausts before but no clear winner.

SAMSMITH

cant really beat a custom system made by a good tuning company

alexmi16

magnex if you can find em. had one of these for a while. nice bit fo kit

Longfield
cant really beat a custom system made by a good tuning company

So is there anyone you would recommend?

Sign in to follow this