• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

24mm Rear Anti Roll Bar On 205 Beam

kyepan

using 200lbs front springs, 309 bones, have a quaife diff. gaz shocks set to medium soft at front and medium at rear.

sharper turn in, nose is more responsive, bags more grip mid corner and exit because there less understeer, even when being unsubtle and lobbing it about.

its not quite neutral, but its getting there, stiffer torsion bars to match the front spring rate is next step me thinks.

PS took about 40 mins to change, easiest thing i've done to the suspension.

thanks to james r and anthony.

kyepan

It lift off oversteered today on a nice big wide 3 lane roundabout, no one about, not expecting it, easily corrected... a good thing.

welshpug

nice, are you using standard torsion bars? am I right in thinking uprate the rear ARB for less understeer?

I'm tempted by Jrod's 25mm anti roll bar...

kyepan
nice, are you using standard torsion bars? am I right in thinking uprate the rear ARB for less understeer?

I'm tempted by Jrod's 25mm anti roll bar...

yes standard torsion bars.

24mm seems to have no bad points handelling wise on my set up, (solid rear mounts, and 200lbs front springs). its what the 106 and 306 gti have.

Lots less understeer, better turn in and bags more grip on the way out and so easy to change, it will make you sick you've not done it sooner.

kyepan

ps thanks for the afm advice, sorted us right out!

welshpug
ps thanks for the afm advice, sorted us right out!

was that me?? I cant remember what I advised now :) really tempted to uprate the rear ARB now as I remember how different my ZX feels with its fatter ARB and zero toe in rear trailing arms...

Sign in to follow this