• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dommorton

Uprated Fuel Pump

dommorton

I have a standard (engine wise) 205 1.9 GTI

Pretty sure my fuel pump is knackered so have been looking round for a replacement.

Figured an old used unit would be a waste of time as it may be jsut as knackered as mine.

So I bid on an FSE uprated item on ebay and won it for a reasonable price.

Is there likely to be any issues running a so called uprated pump on the standard car?

Also it comes as a kit which fits into the OEM housing. Has anyone done one and is it simple enough?

This is the item in question

link here

Henry Yorke

i had one of these but never fitted it. I sold it on though as it sat on a shelf. Uprated pumps tend to be just more reliable and give a more constant flow compared to the standard pumps

dommorton

I just had it delivered so will give it a go :)

Hopfully it will be ok for the standard engine. At least it's new which has to be better than another tired OEM pump

dommorton

Well after much buggering about I now have this assembled in the correct housing ready to be fitted.

Wouldn't fit in my black fuel pump housing as it was totally different in design.

These only fit the Bosch type housing which is the white plastic one I didn't have :rolleyes:

Now I have the right one I need to get the right connector for the loom :) Don't suppose anyone has one spare with a bit of cable attached to it? looks the same as the injector connectors.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/dom...fuelpump001.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/dom...fuelpump003.jpg

Sign in to follow this