• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Replacement Driving Lights, What Are The Best Ones To Get?

MikeHunt79

I do like the original pug driving lights (the lights on the front valance), and I was wondering if the GSF pattern part equivalent is as good (if they even do them!). Mine are 22 years old, and even the reflector edges are corroding!

Are there any after market ones that look similar, but use an ally surround instead of the normal steel one that goes all rusty? Finally, what sort of bulbs so these normally use? 50W ones? would fitting 65w ones (with the correct fuses and relays) mean MOT failure?

hengti

they both seem to use a variety of suppliers; i thought the Magnetti Marelli ones were the best i had from GSF/ECP

bobbbette

the magneti marelli are the only originals but the lense itself is badged siem. the place below says it sells them but i'd double check the make and whether you get the metal rim and plastic back.

full unit has LAA 140 or LAA 150 on box as there was very slight difference in lense design.

unit without rim etc has LAA 040 on box

http://www.parts4peugeot.com/

bulbs over 55 are not e marked so are not legal but then again driving lamps are not mot testable so chances of getting caught are non existent

28CRAIG

Paul at 205 parts is getting a few boxes of driving lights in again soon and are alot cheaper than all other suppliers.

Henry Yorke

I got the Siem ones from GSF that were badged up in a Bosch Box. Approx £60 a pair. The Denji ones can just dissolve over time.... but quite a while!

welshpug

ditto, either Neat autos (as above) or GSF, and MAYBE 205 parts IF theyre the Siem marked ones (be it in a magnettii or a Bosch box)

mine have been on 3 years and still look new :unsure:

Miles

Again the same line's, I;ve had the Siem one's on my CTi for 7 yr's and they still look like new, abit it doesn;t get driven much, But I;ve seen the cheap'o' Denji one's fall apart in no time, but as ever you get what you pay for

pug_ham

I asked at the GSF in Leeds when I called in there last month & all they had in stock was a Cibie & not the Siem one's which sucked & they only had one of them.

I'll try again with the proper number, I just looked through the catalogue when i was there & it wasn't a planned visit.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this