• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longfield

My New Roll Cage...

Longfield

So... i've just paid my hard earned savings on keeping myself safe on track... and i'm quite pleased really! Photos are below. Peter at Fabricagee has done the hard work and thanks to Brunswick for arranging it.

Longfields.

post-9776-1189541120_thumb.jpg

jackherer

Looks good, is it tied into both the front AND back rear beam mounts? Whats it like at the front of the car?

Longfield

i'm having real trouble trying to post pics... when i do the forum says 'error' to some degree or another. To answer your question if you look at the photo above, you'll see a little short section at the bottom of the cage. This mounts onto the top of the suspension pick up points at the rear apparently. It is also welded to the front of the bulkhead but doesn't go through it. There's also a front bar that's meant to be attached as well but is yet to be welded on. This apparently will sit behind to dash thought the benefit of this beam is currently unknown to me. If I can post more pics I will.

jackherer

There are some problems with the forum at the moment unfortunately.

The triangulation by the door is interesting.

large

That, is s*it hot! :lol:

SPGTi

Are you going to have harness bars fitted ?

Looks a nice meaty cage. Are you going to have all the interior and cage panited the same colour or the cage a different colour ?

Steve

Longfield

The harness screws into the floor pan rather than around any harness bars. I was told this was a better option than the harness bars as the bars themselves would pull them to one side... I'm having the inside and cage painted white so it'll show off the carbon door cards. I think i'll also go well given the outside colour which is porsche riviera blue.

Jackherer.. I agree with the triangulation by the door. Aparently it's a new FIA requirement. Quite why I don't know...

Longfield

As it would appear i'm not able to post my rebuild in the appropriate section i'd like to share with you the updates to my little folly on this thread.... below are the updates on my rollcage and interior of my 205.

Regards

Longfield.

post-9776-1194283317_thumb.jpg

Longfield

The rear showing carbon fiber hatch...

post-9776-1194284022_thumb.jpg

Longfield

the engine less radiator...

post-9776-1194284212_thumb.jpg

Longfield

my new engine loom... all 4 wires of it!

post-9776-1194284341_thumb.jpg

Longfield

and one more...

post-9776-1194284488_thumb.jpg

GTI6BOY

Looks nice mate, you happy with the tailgate? :lol:

Baz

Looks like a pretty comprehensive cage, and neat install. :rolleyes: May i ask what sort of price it is, just for an idea in relation to others as they're not too far from me either.

Cheers.

jonnie205

lovely cage and paint, its nice to see a build with such attention to detail and investment

Longfield
Looks nice mate, you happy with the tailgate? :rolleyes:

Definitely!

Longfield
Looks like a pretty comprehensive cage, and neat install. :rolleyes: May i ask what sort of price it is, just for an idea in relation to others as they're not too far from me either.

Cheers.

Cage was £1250 + VAT.

Sign in to follow this