• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Converting To A Pedal Box

Spiky

i have searched, but there not much around,

i currently have a std 1.9 servo setup, i want to rip this out and fit a pedal box, to gain room, and the fact i liked it on my lotus elise

where i need help.............

which one to go for???

how hard to fit???

i have gti-6 front calipers and std 1.9 calipers.

thanks in advance

Powers

Hi pal.

I have a WMMS one, but I wasnt that impressed with the quality and have since modified it! A good friend of mine recently bought one from Rallydesign which looked good and came with Wilwood Mc's. You can expect to spend upwards of around £175. I know Raldes is an exchange service and took around 14 days.

To be honest they are fairly easy to fit with an mi16 engine fitted, but the Gti6 might be slightly harder and the engine may need tilting out of the way. However ideally you will need a steel plate welded to the bulkhead around the pedal assembly bulkhead hole as the extra force causes the standard bulkhead to flex. This would def be an issue with the engine still fitted, maybe with the engine tilted out of the way there might just be enough room to spot/seam weld it at the bottom of the hole/plate.

The mc sizes I would go for are 0.7 and 0.6

You will need to buy another T piece for the braided lines as the mc's only have one output.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Chris H

I've been using MW Motorsport ..... MWmotorsport.co.uk for pedal boxes and find them very good quality and price, they do them as an exchange item.

Sign in to follow this