• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

Mappable Ecu?

BackStreetRacecars

Was thinkin about upgrading my wiring and ecu to something else from the peugeot stable i have an '89 non sunny 1.6 gti and am running a fairly high compression 2.1 8v motor... the standard ecu doesn't seem up to the job.it pinks and rattles.. i have an fse that i was going to fit but i think a more modern style control would be of more use really.something with lambda sensors and particularly a knock sensor to prevent my nice new engine from commiting suicide..... 306 xsi?? if so are they live mappable... or 106 gti?? anything like this?? has anyone done it before... i'm goin daft thinkin of ways around buying a stand alone ecu.... heeeeeeeelp!!!!!!

Anthony

Motronic and Megnetti-Marelli ECU's can be mapped by someone like Chipwizards to match your engine spec, but I doubt there's any "off the shelf" ECU that you can nick from a doner that's going to match the fuel and ignition requirements of your engine. Indeed, atleast with the standard Jetronic setup it should fuel reasonably and you can retard the ignition timing to get rid of the worst of the pinking...

BackStreetRacecars

So if i stole just say a 106 gti ecu and sensors and wired it in and got chip wizards to do their magic it would work?? reckon there is any point though??

Miles

Cost,

You may as well look for a good S/H aftermarket ECU and fit that then you or someone local to you can map it and they hold value so if you ever did well you would get good money back.

Sign in to follow this