• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Bike Carbs

swordfish210

after my trackday at Combe i now feel that i'v got the handling of my XT pretty sorted (with the exception of a few little things) so now i'm just in the persuit of more power. I'v got a new head that i'm building at the moment which has a Kent 285 cam in it so i'm hoping that will give me a decent increase in poke but thats pretty easy and i need a project to do a college next year, one that incorparates a few different challenges and one that will keep me occupied but mainly one that wont completly drain my wallet for the next 3 years :wub: . So can you guys give me any info on junking that single carb on my engine and fitting 4 bike carbs. Any advice will be appriciated so i open the floor to you. Thanks

Edited by swordfish210

bren_1.3

have a look in the XU section, there are some current threads on bike carburettor conversions.

AdamP

Most difficult part will be making up a fanimold. Once that's done, as long as you've got the right carbs etc. it's piss easy.

Whats your budget?

swordfish210

not sure yet, i have to see how much money i'v got left after all of the other stuff i want to buy for the car, new seats and harnesses, new clutch, ect ect ect

AdamP

If you've got £150 hanging round, Bogg Bros will make you up whatever you want, and for a bit more they'll setup the carbs for you as well.

If you're on a lower budget, make up a plate the same shape as the inlet manifold gasket, weld 4 suitably sized stubs on and use some Samco Superflex hose to attach the carbs. That'll probably cost you £40 in materials and is what I'm planning to do. I could even make you up one if you don't need it in a hurry (planning to make one in october/november).

swordfish210

thanks but this is going to be a project all of my own making as it's much more satisfying using/seeing sometink which you put togeather yourself :D

AdamP
thanks but this is going to be a project all of my own making as it's much more satisfying using/seeing sometink which you put togeather yourself B)

Agreed, that's definately my mindset :D

josh1990

What carbs would best suit the 1.4 Tu engine Yamaha R1 Carbs or Yam R6 carbs, GSXR 1000 carbs or what just to give me an idea, Cheers josh.

AdamP
What carbs would best suit the 1.4 Tu engine Yamaha R1 Carbs or Yam R6 carbs, GSXR 1000 carbs or what just to give me an idea, Cheers josh.

Depends on other mods and what power you're aiming for. If it's standard - 110bhp then R6 carbs would be best, much higher and you'll be looking for some R1 or GSXR 1100 carbs. Don't think the gsxr1000 ever came with carbs.... don't quote me on that though!

swordfish210

well my bike carbs turned up today (thanks to danpug) it also came with a dyno-jet kit and a load of spare jets so setting up should be a bit easier. I'm about to strip the carbs down and give them a clean so i'll try to get some pics as i'm doing it.

Sign in to follow this