• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Tailgate Trim Panel

fencer

I bought myself a new tailgate trim panel but i have a slight problem now. There is a pice of plastic sticking out of the trim to go into a hole in the tailgate (just above the lock). Every time I push it in, it kepps on poping out, ie pushing the trim about 5mm out.

Is this supposed to be fixed with something? ;)

GLPoomobile

Well I'll be darned ;)

I've never noticed that plastic 'tag' thing before! Got a spare trim in the kitchen so just had a look and there it is :D I don't get it though as there is no hole in the tailgate IIRC that it fits in to.

I'd be tempted to just grind it off if I were you.

Gentrix

Try whose washers, which holds the Archtrim.

Extensions-011.jpg

Extensions-025.jpg

andi

Edited by Gentrix

fencer
Try whose washers, which holds the Archtrim.

andi

hmmm seems a graeat idea! will give it a try! cheers guys!

Edp

gentrix that is a handy little box of trim parts where did you get it?

Gentrix

the pictures are not mine, I found the whole story on a french board.

But I found this: fixationsJC45.jpg

Redtop

When you fitted it did you slide it into the slots on both sides of the bootlid. I noticed the same when fitting a new one to mine and you have to slide it up each side of the boot. It was tight and when in properly that lug fits into it's hole without a clip required.

craig f90

Sounds like a pin to indicate where it exactly fits on the tailgate. sounds daft, can only go on one way (Or if you fit the clip on the back as shown, it probably be harder to detatch, car washes, theft.) Most moder cas have them on door moulding to locate them. Thinking on it though when i took mine off there was no clip securing it. Dont the badges secure it too? cant remember.

craig.

Sign in to follow this