• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Bike Bodies

Rik

I've been putting this to the back of the list for a while but want to get it sorted now!

I'm a bit stumped with what to actually use. There are a number of options:

- I know some people have used the standard Mi16 Cam (Dreamweaver)

- I could maybe modify a jenvey/weber one to fit.

- Or i could use the standard!

Has anyone who is using bike bodies got any pics or tips for what they have done to get the throttle linkage working.

Rik

Rik

Nobody got bike bodies then?

Or is everyone else stuck on this!

Dream Weaver

Rik - although my cut down std cam worked much better, it threw the butterflies out so they went too far round on full throttle.

I couldn't sort the issue so just went back to the std bike cam which appears to work fine, if a little jerky at light openings. Providing you use a suitable throttle stop, the std cam should be OK.

If I keep the 205 I may look at developing a proper linkage next year.

Rik

I'll use that then!

So do I attach the black bit of the cable to the usual place and where the wire comes out attach that to the standard cam then?

I've never fitted an Mi16 cable or an engine for that matter! Have you any up close pics?

Rik

Dream Weaver

I bought some Weber cable adjusters from eBay for a few quid - like a bolt with a hold through the middle (which the cable goes through) then 2 bolts to clamp it in place.

The cable runs into this and the cable sleeve stops at the end of it, this in then bolted onto the cable holder on the bike bodies and the cable is then run up to the cam. You can then adjust the Weber cable holder to alter the length of the throttle cable.

You can see it in these pics:

http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/dreamweaver-tbs/CIMG3008

http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/dreamweaver-tbs/CIMG3101

Rik

Thats the bit i wasnt sure about! thanks for clearing that up!

Did you use a standard cable?

Rik

Dream Weaver

I used the universal Mi16/BX cable kit from GSF, cost about £14 and is about a mile long :wacko:

Rik

Where'd you get the throttle holder from?

I've tried scoured the net but cant find one!

Edit: i've found the cable adjusters, you can get them from ebay, the thing i cant find is a cable holder, is the one you have the one from the bike carbs? as i dont have this on mine! and that was why i was/am confused by what actually holds the cable in place.

Rik

Edited by Rik

Dream Weaver

Hi Rik, yes the cable holder was already on the bike bodies.

Rik

Good Man!

I'm making my own then!

Sign in to follow this