• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anulfo

Total Motorsport Solutions

Anulfo

Ah yes Total motorsport solutions are or should i say were based in leeds.Im right in thinking they are no more?Has anyone experienced their expertese?Or lack of it!!!

They supplied me a 'Max torque group A' tarmac rally cam which they said would be okay in my big valve head.Two seasons of motorsport later and a strip down reveals that the head is mashed as the cam profile was far far too severe for the head set up!!!

So now the cam has been removed and the head rebuilt but closer inspection the cam says 'pipe cams' on it(obviously not what it was originally proclaimed to be),just wondered what it would be?Definately not a 270,a 300 maybe?

Just get the feeling i've been shafted somewhere along the line.(no pun intended) :(

Sandy

Popped about 6 months ago IIRC. Benji on 106 Rallye Register used to work for the, might be worth contacting him. He's enlightened me on a few of their; erm anyway!

Batfink

i read in Motorsport news that they had gone into administration so they may not have closed for good.

One thng to ask is how often you have to rebuild your engine or at least check it. There is the possibility that the cam was fine if stripped down and checked regularly..

Is two years without maintenance on a race engine too long?

Edited by Batfink

Chris H

Piper do a 8V cam which is described as Group A Rally which is probably what you have, its 308deg duration with 12.45mm lift It may be a copy of a PTS profile.

Longfield

My dealings with Simon at TMS have always been positive. He also built my friends 206 rally car which was a work of art. When I shopped around for engines, Simon recommended longman. In addition to Richard he also used a scottish chap [whose name escapes me]. The other thing he recommended with the engine build is regular annual strip down to ensure ongoing integrity of components. He's also helped me outsource components that he knew i could get more cheaply and better service from third parties than TMS. So as, in my experience, TMS has used reputable engine builders, given sensible, reliable and friendly advice, I can only say positive things about him and if TMS has gone into administration, mores the pity.

Sign in to follow this