• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

1.9 Bhp?

CTI STU

What sort of BHP should a 1.9 8v engine be putting out? Im buying one that has been rolling roaded at 101 bhp?

Sould I rebuild it before putting it in? (whats involved in a rebuild!!)

Cheers

boldy205

if its at the road wheels, thats good for a standard engine. (should make 130ish, when new/rebuilt at fly wheel)

steve@cornwall
What sort of BHP should a 1.9 8v engine be putting out? Im buying one that has been rolling roaded at 101 bhp?

Sould I rebuild it before putting it in? (whats involved in a rebuild!!)

Cheers

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/info/techspecs.html

steve@cornwall
Cheers Steve

Any clues as to a rebuild? is it something a novice like me could do?

Never done one - with s/h engines being cheap, and reasonably quick and easy to fit, I just fit as-is . Only come unstuck once and fitted a lemon :(

CTI STU
Never done one - with s/h engines being cheap, and reasonably quick and easy to fit, I just fit as-is . Only come unstuck once and fitted a lemon :(

I think thats prob what im going to do, not bother with rebuild as it is a cheap engine

boldy205

lets face it, lemons just dont make the power. far to yellow for my liking.

Jer309GTi

Your 8v engine was definately a lemon Matt, you couldn't pull away from the mighty XS! :(

boldy205

oh you were trying were you!! Ha! well the problems solved now, kind of, you do get used to the MI after a while. i want a bit more now!!

brianthemagical

i rebuilt mine on the drive/shed and it works, not rr'd yet butits not much harder than a swap. it's handy having a go on your old engine first.

my engine was 80 at the wheels, 110 at the fly.

Jer309GTi

If you follow the Haynes, use a bit of common sense and keep everything nice and clean it's not too bad a job

steve@cornwall
lets face it, lemons just dont make the power. far to yellow for my liking.

Easier to lift, though :) but it left me with a very bitter taste :(

boldy205

You said i must eat so many lemons,because i am so bitter!!! :) (sorry its slightly off topic!!)

Go for the rebuild after you have priced it all up. se if you think its worth it i suppose?

Sign in to follow this