• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daz205

Arch Trim Keeps Falling Off

daz205

any advice to keep it on? the vibrations tend to loosen the standard fixings

matt-k

Hi, I found the perfect solution to this when i did my trim a bit ago. Firstly you need to remove all the nasty plastic clips from the trim & throw them in the bin! (Arch trim only mind) then get yourself to a DIY store i went to focus & buy some roofing bolts i think they were called. They have a flattish convex head and are zink plated so they wont rust easily. I found the heads slide tightly into the slots on the back of the trim where the old clips went and you can then push the bolt through the standard holes in the wings and bolt them up from under the arches. I also used rubber washers to stop the nuts scratching the paint under the arches. Easy!!

welshpug

never had any problems with the standard clips, which type do you have?

GLPoomobile

The plastic teeth on the OE plugs bend and break easily. So chances are that the ones on your trim are worn. Get some fresh ones on there and they should be fine again.

Matt Holley

I used some clips from a discovery rear door card along with the plasic inserts that the clip goes into, they all fit perfectly :blush:

Sign in to follow this