• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Theo205

Any Other Pug Brake Servo Fits The 205?

Theo205

Hello,

As above, I have reason to belive tha the servo brake assist on my 205 is not working properly since the brakes need to be pressed with twice as much the power as they did a couple of years back, in order to have decent stopping power.

The car stops ok and doesnt pulls towards no direction.

The M/C is new and the system has been bleed and checked.

So since i will need to replace the servo I thought i could upgrade to something better/bigger?

Are there any other Pug servos that will fit the 205 and will I need to swap for another M/C or can I just use mine?

p.s. I run refurbished standard calipers (girling front, bendix rear)

Thanx

Theo

jackherer

I think right hand drive (thats what you have in Cyprus right?) GTIs use the same servos as standard 205s, only LHD GTIs have larger servos.

Longfield

I might be wrong but i'm sure I read somewhere that 306 or 307 servo's fit and that both are larger than the 205. But i'm willing to be told i'm wrong!

Hilgie

306s and 405s do fit same diameter, but be sure to measure first as there are differences because of enginesize

Sign in to follow this