• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigb

Trailing Arm Shaft

Craigb

I have managed to bend a rear trailing arm shaft , and so looking to replace it .

Anyone know who does them at the right price ? or is it straight to a dealer and pay silly money ?

M@tt

main stealer only part i'm afraid :P £55+vat

will the tube/bearings not be damaged also? they're fairly thick to have bent i would imagine. You must have been giving it some :unsure:

Craigb

Clipped a rock covered by Grass.

The wheel alignment showed toe out at 5 degrees.

Turn in on right handers was impressive though.

Everything else has been replaced , but i "borrowed" a shaft, now it needs replacing :unsure:

Edited by Craigb

Anthony

Trailing arm shaft, or the stub axle?

The former would be incredably hard to bend I'd have thought, but the later frequently bend when you argue with curbs and the like...

Craigb

No . the former .

I've just had it in a lathe and its as bent as a banana

Anthony

Good effort! Is the stub axle or arm bent as well, or have you checked them as OK?

Cheapest thing for a replacement shaft is to take the arm of a late low-mileage base model 205/306/309/ZX/Xsara beam in the scrappy, and press the shaft out

28CRAIG

This is my effort at bending a beam HERE.

As Anthony said go to srappy and get a beam i got a whole zx beam with good shafts and calipers for £40

johnnyboy666

ive got one you can have if you want, might be quite a long way to collect it though?

pug_ham

If you really want a new shaft, afaik GSF are stocking them again.

T42604 REAR ARM 205 REAR X MEMBER INNER TUBE 39.00

Graham.

Henry Yorke
If you really want a new shaft, afaik GSF are stocking them again.

T42604 REAR ARM 205 REAR X MEMBER INNER TUBE 39.00

Graham.

What is the quality like by comparison to the Pug ones?

welshpug

same manufacturer, same factory IIRC.

pug_ham
What is the quality like by comparison to the Pug ones?

I wouldn't know as I haven't bought or used any but B1ackmi16 (Kristian) has bought several now so maybe he could say. If his car has been used much since fitting them that is.

IIRC it hasn't been running that long. :rolleyes:

Graham.

Rippthrough

Wouldn't be that hard to make some up on a lathe...

Craigb
Wouldn't be that hard to make some up on a lathe...

that's exactly what i am costing up at the moment :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information though Graham

Edited by Craigb

M@tt

When i spoke to an engineering place they said they would be quite expensive to make as drilling the centre out of the shaft was the expensive/time consuming bit so i guess it's whether you can find a suitable material with a sufficinet hole in the middle and enough wall thickness to be able to machine the profile needed. Also don't the bearing surfaces need tempering or something to make them stronger?

I know GSF hasve always had these listed on their site but is anyone actually sure they've started re stocking them?

Craigb
When i spoke to an engineering place they said they would be quite expensive to make as drilling the centre out of the shaft was the expensive/time consuming bit so i guess it's whether you can find a suitable material with a sufficinet hole in the middle and enough wall thickness to be able to machine the profile needed. Also don't the bearing surfaces need tempering or something to make them stronger?

I know GSF hasve always had these listed on their site but is anyone actually sure they've started re stocking them?

Shaft material EN18 or En 26T case hardened and centerless ground on the bearing faces .

I think the batch size required may be the issue , but i'm working on that !

pug_ham

They removed them from the list for a while but afaik Kristian has bought some again since they re-listed them as available again.

Graham.

B1ack_Mi16
They removed them from the list for a while but afaik Kristian has bought some again since they re-listed them as available again.

Graham.

I've bought like 6 of these shafts.

They come in original Peugeot boxes and are marked with peugeot partnumber. So it's just the same part you would get at the main stealer...

Sign in to follow this