• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Intermitant Idle

5150maxie

sometimes when i start the car the revs got to about 3k,turn it off and restart some times its ok?also from cold start it cuts out on restarting its perfect idle and does not stall at all?its been an ongoing thing the last few weeks ive got used to it but now its bugging me?

5150maxie
sometimes when i start the car the revs got to about 3k,turn it off and restart some times its ok?also from cold start it cuts out on restarting its perfect idle and does not stall at all?its been an ongoing thing the last few weeks ive got used to it but now its bugging me?

in simple terms tonight i started it and it went strieght to 3k?restarted and its was fine a 1k but stalled at first junction?restarted and it runs perfect no stalling and tick over is perfect?

Pugnut

air intake, throttle body, sad and all associated pipework would be my first point of call.

is the butterfly coming back and resting on the stop every time? is the throttlebody and air bleed screw ,air bleed ducts spotlessly clean? all you're breathers, sad piping are in one piece and clean etc? is there sufficient slack in the throttle cable to allow it to come back to its rest every time?

pinching the pipework to the sad should stall or drop the revs when the car is cold. when the engine is hot pinching the pipe should have no effect .this will fault find the sad

all this is assuming you have a standard 1.6/1.9

Pugnut

ok, i've just seen youre avatar. you're problem is most certainly a worn throttle linkage on the throttle body (if youre using the standard induction!). these twin throttle bodies tend to wear out the linkage to the bottom butterfly . this play normally results in random idle rpm's

Al

5150maxie
ok, i've just seen youre avatar. you're problem is most certainly a worn throttle linkage on the throttle body (if youre using the standard induction!). these twin throttle bodies tend to wear out the linkage to the bottom butterfly . this play normally results in random idle rpm's

Al

cheers Al, ive just had a look and the throttle butterfly is ok and clicking.i did how ever clean the ICV which was a little black inside.started her up an ticks over how it should do.i will see how it goes in a bit on a long run.cheers. :)

5150maxie

worn throttle linkage on the throttle body

can you get new part for this?

Edited by 5150maxie

5150maxie
worn throttle linkage on the throttle body

can you get new part for this?

i have just tighened the 13mm nut that holds the main linkage because it was slighty loose so there is the worn linkage :o sorted.

Sign in to follow this