• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
casnell

Rear Brake Line Help Needed For Gravel Rally Car

casnell

Hi guys, my 205 gravel rally car had rear brake probs the other night when the lines wore thru from the fuel tank guard rubbing. Half the reason for the guard going back that far was to protect the lines,how do you guys protect the fuel tank/brake lines? Do you re-route the lines? They seem vulnerable to me where the metal pipe comes down and forward b4 bending back.

Any suggestions? Esp pix?

Cheers, Chris

Edited by casnell

Jrod

Can you not run them inside the car?

Edited by Jrod

casnell
Can you not run them inside the car?

They do run inside to a point, it's after they come out, then at a bracket attached to the shocker bolt they change into solid pipes that start off angled forward, then turn and go back to the caliper. At the point where they turn they kind of hang down a bit which is where they wore through. Also strikes me as a vulnerable spot if they hang down a bit...

Cheers, Chris

Baz

Not braided then?

casnell
Not braided then?

Not braided...maybe that's the go? It wore through the actual metal pipe tho, would that have happened with braided? I presume braided would be better for absorbing rock impacts?

Cheers, Chris

gti_al

Is the tank guard sitting how it should? It didn't want to go back right when the rear was raised, did it? I think andrew said it was worse when he fitted the bars...

philfingers

Go for one long one (i'm assuming 1900 discs and calipers now!) instead of the 2 lines (per side). Should be easier to route out of the way and also 2 less joints to leak/ give problems ect ect

casnell
Go for one long one (i'm assuming 1900 discs and calipers now!) instead of the 2 lines (per side). Should be easier to route out of the way and also 2 less joints to leak/ give problems ect ect

Yeah, I'm getting custom braided lines and I'll do the rears with 1 line to replace the a/flexible line into b/metal pipe into c/ flexible line.

And yes, after fitting the 21 mm bars I think the guard was rubbing more, oh well, the last event was really a shakedown for the Alpine Rally in November...

Sign in to follow this