• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Mi16 With 8v Dizzy On 45s

boldy205

Hi, i had my pug rolling roaded a week or two ago, all went well, got the correct jets to start playing with it then had a look at the timing. The R/R man kept advancing the timing and running it up on the rollers and each tweak made more power untill the dizzy was on full advance! its now running like this (and never stopped making power untill it ran out of advance)

So my question is: What have other peoples dizzys been set at with the same setup? My car is a alloy MI16 with 8v ingnition and twin 45 DCOEs with 36mm chokes.

Thanks

Matt. ^_^

monty69
Hi, i had my pug rolling roaded a week or two ago, all went well, got the correct jets to start playing with it then had a look at the timing. The R/R man kept advancing the timing and running it up on the rollers and each tweak made more power untill the dizzy was on full advance! its now running like this (and never stopped making power untill it ran out of advance)

So my question is: What have other peoples dizzys been set at with the same setup? My car is a alloy MI16 with 8v ingnition and twin 45 DCOEs with 36mm chokes.

Thanks

Matt. :)

im running same set up but mine is s16 engine. Havnt got mine on rollers yet but set mine at 10 deg idle, this gives me 30deg max advance. Autodata says fir my dizzy number - 5 idle, 20 - 25 max, so 10 idle bumps max upto 30ish.If i was to use vac advance it would give too much advance on idle and pulse as it has port take-off. I had to make my own timing marks on flywheel as s16 doesnt have any, located 90 before tdc(crank lock pin position), counted teeth an from this worked out tdc and each tooth in deg. The stud on dizzy adapter can be moved to next one nearer to front of car to allow for more advance. Puzzled as to why rr operater hasnt done this.

Id be intrested to know what jets you have, mine got;

38mm chokes

145 mains

175 airs 40mm ram pipes

px 600 domed filter

I was dissapointed when i bought it, ive since gone up to 38mm chokes, up 1 jet size and fitted ram pipes and cant believe how fast it is, pulls strong from 3000 to 7000

ORB

is your Dizzy from a 1.6 or a 1.9?

I believe the 1.9 Dizzy has more advance on it?

Although I may be talking bollocks!

petert

Doesn't sound right, as you need less advance, not more for an Mi16. Your operator needs to confirm an external timing mark. Then you/he will be able to make some sense out of it. Ideally you want:

12-14 deg. at idle

28 maximum advance full load

36 maximum advance light load

Maybe even less than 28 depending on how developed the engine is. I normally use 26 for mild engine. My 2L race engine has just 24.

monty69
Doesn't sound right, as you need less advance, not more for an Mi16. Your operator needs to confirm an external timing mark. Then you/he will be able to make some sense out of it. Ideally you want:

12-14 deg. at idle

28 maximum advance full load

36 maximum advance light load

Maybe even less than 28 depending on how developed the engine is. I normally use 26 for mild engine. My 2L race engine has just 24.

Think mine is off a 1.9, checked number off it with autodata. nearest combination i could get was 10 idle, 30 ish full chat. it will do until i get mapped ignition, maybe my dizzy has shat itself for the better.

Sign in to follow this