• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigmatt-s2rst

Is There A Repair Panel For Here

bigmatt-s2rst

i have just bought a 205 gti track car

i had my first 205 a 1600 when i was 17, after messin with fords for years ive seen the light at 26 lol

the panel in the picture is pretty manky and i was wonderin if anyone sold replacents and what ther called how much etc

205driverssidebump.jpg

there are a few other scabs around the car but nothin to serious and besides i dont want a mninter to thrash down a country lane in the middle of the night or round a track

hope u can help

cheers

ashley peddle

new sills are about £10 each. however they have to be welded in / painted so cost about £150 a side give or take a bit :)

Mikey S

glad you have seen the light :):D to answer your question, no. its only available with a new quarter panel unfortunately. i should think the only way to get it sorted nice would be too make your own repair panel and have it welded in.

edit: the quarter panel looks nasty too.

Edited by pugger

Miles

Just find a 205 in a scrappy and cut the lower section out (only glued on at the bottom anyway), Join it under the trim and it will never show

bigmatt-s2rst

the sill its self is solid

its just the quarter panel has rusted at the bottom and round in to the door shut area

ill get one cut out, theres a few 205's in my local scrappie

Richie-Van-GTi

take the interior trim off and have a look from behind the quarter panel, good chance its rotted into the sill as well inside.

bigmatt-s2rst

the sill externally feels solid, but i pressume there is a lip on the top that this panel attaches to?

philfingers

Yes there's a lip (as far as i know!) on the top of the outer sill which joins to the 1/4 panel. As Richie says tho look behind the inside panel. Water comes in the boot floor for instance and runs into here and rots. Check veryu carefully the inner sill (behind the tank) as there's a good chance that this will have rotted too!

taylorspug

The bottom of the quarter panel has a few tabs on it which attach to the sill inside the car (you can see them by taking the rear quarter card off). If you are careful you will be able to get these off with a sharp chisel if you are down the scrap yard doing it, best way would be a spot weld drill. The rest of that lower section of arch is just glued on. :lol:

bigmatt-s2rst

went to look at a 205 that some one is breakin to rob some bits of trim and the shell is mint so i think im gunna get the car and swap all my bits over to the shell

its a 1600 gti shell but has no rust at all

after lookin at mine it seems tlike the best solution cos theres some rust on pretty much every panel

ill post up a thread in projects when i get started

bigmatt-s2rst

and its 70 quid! with the engine

Sign in to follow this