• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil H

Electric Windows Fitted

Phil H

Just a post to say how easy it was to change from manual to electric windows on my 1991 205.

Fitted new door looms...noted sufficient corresponding connectors on the door pillar.

Fitted motor assemblies.

Switched on ignition and they worked !!! (So did the central locking, which is all it had prior).

Can this be real...a job on a 205 that was made easier for me by the French.

All done in less than 1.5 hours.

Tiny things amuse tiny minds, as they say.

John_B

Is it easy to get all the stuff through the hole in the door?

My drivers side window is playing up and I think it's the motor or the mechanism whatsit. I haven't got a replacement but I am put off by the thought it's going to be a bit of a mare working through that door hole?

Peetypug

it is pretty easy

i fitted them to my xs years ago

there is quite a bit of space in there, just watch out for the sharp metal edges that may catch you out

DaveW

Its only easy on phase 2 cars with the plugs on the A pliar! i fitted e/w and c/l to a F reg gti and had to take half the dash out to find the plugs!

steve@cornwall
Its only easy on phase 2 cars with the plugs on the A pliar! i fitted e/w and c/l to a F reg gti and had to take half the dash out to find the plugs!

Sod that! - just run a wire with in-line fuse to the ignition.

Johnb- If your motor's u/s- it unplugs inside the door - easy peasy

Sign in to follow this