• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juani20516v

Inlet Manifold 205 Mi16

Juani20516v

Hi, nowadays i have my 205 Mi16 with 2 Weber 40 40, but i have a friend who wants to help me (he owns workshop with all the machine to do the manifold) to build a new inlet manifold to use my 205 Mi16 with the GTI inyection... but the thing is that i have the steering wheel pump and the alternator in almost the same place that cames with the Gti 8v, so nowadays if i want to make an inlet manifold for inyection i have to keep that in mind, here´s a pair of pics so you can see where is the alternator..

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5702/1009018resizetb5.jpg

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/1721/205gti16vov3.jpg

The pics are old, but the alternator it´s in the same place that in the pictures.. could you give me any advice on how to do the inlet manifold? or some directions to start it? may be somewhere on this site there´s a map.. i will be very pleaced if you could help me, thanks!!

petert

Remake the alternator mounts so it sits lower and closer to the block. The belt length should be 690-700mm. Yours looks a lot longer.

You also need to modify the radiator. Get the inlet modified so it's a straight pipe, not angled. Then the Mi16 top hose will fit nicely. Your 205 hose looks strangled.

Juani20516v

The alternator can´t go any lower... and if i want to put it more near to the block i have to make a new support that´s a mess... i prefer to do an inlet manifold homemade.... there´s any map with the sizes of the tubes ?

Juani20516v

No one can tell me anything to make a "home made" inlet manifold for 16v with inyection? any specifications?? sizes? nothing??

matt-k

Hi, your the first person ive found who's fitted twin webber 40's. Can you tell me how much Torque and BHP your car has as im going to fit 40's to my Mi16.

Thanks, Matt

VisaGTi16v

40's are too small for a Mi16, you will hardly see any gain in power, take a search through here to find out more

boldy205

I think what people are trying to say is that is is easyer to mount the altenator on its standard bracket and put the standard manifold on. Its a lot less work than making a new inlet manifold from scratch. Or was there another reason for making your own manifold?

Matt.

Juani20516v

If i want to put the original manifold, i will have to move the radiators (at least the water one) and i prefer to make a new inlet manifold. And also leave the alternator where it is now..

The car with 2 webers 40 40 goes excellent... the mechanick that recently work a little bit with the carburation and make the car almost fly... told me that the 40 are too small, but the car goes a lot faster that (for example) my 206 Gti (138 hp) which has the Ecu Chipped.. and with a 205 Gti 8v Std, i´m sure it will be a lot of difference in favour of the 205 Gti 16v Weber 40 40.. as soon as i try the two 205 (8v VS 16v) i will let you know how it goes.. but the most important thing of this topic is that here (in Argentina) the inlet manifold of the mi16 1.9 it´s very hard to find, plus all the things (that i find against) that i just mentioned up in this reply, and i prefer to leave all like it is..Thanks!

Sign in to follow this