• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oliver17491

1.6 Xu Gti Engine Early And Later Engines, The Same Or Not?

oliver17491

hi im just about to put another 1.6 gti engine from another car in my car when i noticed that the wireing looms are different and i was just wondering what would be an easy solutuion to my problem? and im guessing that the engine that im putting in is from a early car and my car is the later version

Edited by oliver17491

Richie-Van-GTi

use existing loom and ecu etc with the new engine, only changes in the engines were compression ratios were lower on later cars for the emissions laws but a higher CR engine will give a later car a nice performance increase, unless its a really early engine, then it has smaller valves and less power IIRC.

oliver17491

well my car is a G reg and the engine is out of a ..... i honestly cant remeber lol. but i can remember its like a couple of years before, problem is i havnt got the engine loom for my car as the person who i brought it off tryed to fit a mi16 engine but with the 405 that he tryed to mod but it didnt work so he took the engine out and put it in a different car. i was wondering if i got a later engine loom would it fit onto the earlyer engine?

Miles

Any 8v loom will fit, It;s only the coil wiring and on late models the location of the ign Amp is different,

Phase 1 and 1.5 models are completly different thou (>1988)

oliver17491

just remembered that the engine is out of a F reg car and my car is a G reg car and i also remebered that the engine runs off a Tachymetric Relay and the later versions dont. are 1.6 and 1.9 looms the same? so your saying if i get a later version engine loom it will fit on my early engine?

oliver17491

has anyone got a wireing diagram for the coil loom?

Sign in to follow this