• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuRALLYE

Safety Devices Fitting Kit

stuRALLYE

hi everyone, i have just bought a 6 point bolt in safety devices cage and im looking for a fitting kit for it. does anyone know where i can buy one?

cheers, stu

Baz

Sorry to state the obvious but, Safety Devices?? :ph34r:

Mikey G

Didnt they go bust? If they havent been revived i pretty much doubt you will be able to get the kit of plates anywhere.

stuRALLYE
:ph34r: really?? nah i went on their website and they dont sell directly, only through dealers, so i went on both the peugeot ones and there was no mention of the fitting kits. nothing on ebay ethier!

Pugnut

i checked the plates required on the fitting guide on the drivers website . made cardboard templates and took them to the nearest fabricators. they cut,bent the plates as i waited and i got all the bolts too for about 15 quid.

Baz

They went bust, cleared out but bought themselves back for almost FA, switched manufacturing to Poland(iirc?) or something now, but yes the usual still applies, through dealers only.

Edited by BazGTMi

stuRALLYE

after reading the fitting guide on the drivers website im thinking about just welding it straight in, straight to the floor job

Dj_mini

The idea of the foot is aslo to spread the load in a crash the cage will just rip through pug tinfoil bodywork due to the force it will be under.

stuRALLYE

yeh id thought about that too. i think ill try and do what is suggested on the fitting guide on the drivers site. it looks pretty fiddely though

Sign in to follow this