• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Dwell Settings

Richie-Van-GTi

anyone know what kind of dwell settings I should be looking at for peugeots wasted spark coils?

Thanks

Sandy

3ms

Richie-Van-GTi

is that the running dwell? its asking for cranking dwell, running dwell and minimum discharge period in ms.

Sandy

God knows why. Running dwell I presume, I don't speak Megasquirt, I'm sorry.

Richie-Van-GTi

ok, tanks for the help anyway ^_^

jonand

I'm using the following:

cranking 6ms

running 3ms

min discharge 0.1ms

I've been told that the min discharge may need raising, but watch the temperature of the MS coil drivers !!

Regards

Jon

Richie-Van-GTi

yeah thats what I have mine set at right now. How well is yours running now jon? Have any maps or tables you'd care to share with a newbie :ph34r:

jonand

Bearing in mind that it is a racer and is between 5000 - 7500rpm for most of its time. I'm only using spark control, and alpha n, so my maps may not be much use to you - PM an email address if you want to take a loook anyway.

It generally pulls well and freely, however I am experiencing some spark cutting at 7200 (the limiter is set at 7800) - which may be associated with the dwell settings. I believe you turn the running dwell down until it misfires at idle, then back up 0.2ms at a time until it is good then a further 0.2ms.

Jon

Sign in to follow this