• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engelbert

Carb Gasket For 205 Rallye

engelbert

I need to get a new gasket for the carb on my uk 205 rallye 92 reg. what code is the the carb on a uk 205 rallye? I think it is tu3 something but need to know specifcally so i can order one. The gasket i am after is the one from the middle as i took the top of the carb off and it came to pieces. Cheers for any help

engelbert

Just realized that question is wrong what i need to know is what type of solex carb it is and was going to try and work this out from knowing exactly what engine type is in the rallye :huh:

according to the haynes manual it is either a solex 34 pbisa 17 or a solex 32-34 z2

But what would be useful is knowing what engine type it is in the uk rallye i know it is a tu3 something?

Can any1 help please also where would be the best place to get a gasket from?

Jrod

TU3.2

engelbert

Cheers Jrod . I'm terrible at reading haynes manuals :huh: In the haynes manual I have it doesnt say anything about a tu3.2 though? am i just missing something or does the haynes manual not have anything specific to the 205 rallye ? also will the gasket in the middle of a XS solex carb be the same gasket as the 205 rallye solex carb if I'm right in thinking the only thing different on the xs is bigger jetts??? I could be completely wrong. All i need is the gasket but dont know what to ask for and where to get it from.

engelbert
:huh: Edited by engelbert

engelbert

Cheers for that :ph34r: I'll give em a try if I don't have any luck. I was told that it would be difficult to get a gasket from normal motorist stores but then today i was told i should be able to get one from a normal peugeot dealership so going to try them 1st and see what happens. Cheers again.

Casanova

The Solex 32-34 Z2 is the one from an XS. Not sure if that's the same as yours or not but someone might know. I found a really good book in the reference section of my local library with loads of obscure carb drawings and specs. It was something like Carburettors, 1970 - 1990 or something. That said, I had to look up the AX GT to find the correct details for my XS, it wasn't that comprehensive. I have a photocopy of the page relating to the 32-34 Z2 somewhere.

§

welshpug

I think this may be of use, from the Pug parts database;

SOLEX 32-34-Z2

CARBURETTOR AND TU3-2

2n14d30a.jpg

01 1403 B4 NFP PETROL FILTER

02 1433 55 CARB NEEDL VALV

03 1433 56 CARBURETR FLOAT

04 1403 F3 CARB CAPACITY

05 1404 98 PILOT CUT-OUT

06 1410 C0 41 - 45 or 1410 A9 46 - 50 SOCKET TOOL

07 1409 F8 PUMP INJECTOR

08 1418 29 CARB.REHEATER

09 1413 A7 DIAPHRAG.SPRING

10 1433 A9 ASSY CONNS CARB

11 1412 E2 MIXTURE SCREW

12 1624 60 PLUG 4,3X9,3-20

13 1408 E3 OPENING DEV ASY - AIR CONDITIONING

14 1628 L9 ELECTRO VALVE - AIR CONDITIONING

15 1411 03 SHAFT SCREW

20 1417 N4 CARB GASKET KIT

21 1417 N5 CARB REPAIR KIT

9A 6962 12 FLEXIBLE WASHER 7X13,7-0,8

9B 6932 05 HEXAGONAL NUT DIAM 7X100-5

Edited by welshpug

engelbert

Cheers for the help guys :D . I'm actually having a go at making one myself :D But not sure how it'll turn out :D I actually phoned my local peugeot dealer and they were surprisingly helpful they cant get me a gasket on its own but can get me a kit for around £30! :lol: all i need is to give them all the numbers from the carb and they will know from that what i need. but for now i'm giving it a go a sheet of gasket paper was only 50p so if it works it'll be cheap and i can be chuffed with myself :D but looking at my 1st attempt I'm glad I have a fall back plan :P

engelbert

Gasket sorted I fitted the one i made myself and it seems to work very chuffed! :lol: Also the reason I took the carb to pieces (with the help of my dad of course :) ) was because I had problems seeming to be like under fueling so we took it to pieces and cleaned out all the jetts etc, now all seems to be fine and the car runs even smoother than it did before :D very happy now. Cheers again B)

Guest jonathanes

Hi,

Fellow Rallye owner - I've recently had dealings with the parts dept at Oxford Peugeot (Cowley Road) and was impressed with their helpfulness and speed of getting parts :)

Cheers, Jonathan

engelbert

Cheers for the advice is that the bristol street motors peugeot dealership on the iffley road you mean? I'm going to go to them for a rebuild kit for it at some point They quoted about £30-£35 for a partial kit which includes the gasket which i thought was quite reasonable.

Guest jonathanes
is that the bristol street motors peugeot dealership on the iffley road you mean?
Yeah!

I'm from Didcot and always get Iffley, Cowley and Botley roads mixed up :)

Sign in to follow this